Taking five minutes to test out your website can make the world of difference. So how accessible is your site?
- Find instructions easily about how to navigate your site and what short cuts to use?
- Navigate your whole site without using your mouse e.g tab across? How far does it get you?
- Navigate your site without using a mouse using standard access shortcuts e.g. b for about, 1 for Home page?
- Increase your text size – how far does it increase from original?
- What font style do you use – is it Verdana, Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, sans serif? If not then it is more difficult to read.
- Can you change the background colour and contrast e.g. black/white, white/black, black on pastel?
- Does your site feature videos? Are they subtitled? What about audio described?
- Do you use audio content such as audioboo? Do you provide a transcript?
- Do you have alt descriptions on your images?
- use a screen reader with your site?
- Find the Accessibility Statement outlining how to navigate the site?
- Find the A A A tab on the home page? Does it work?
If you can’t do any of the above how can your visitors? So what will you be doing to make your website accessible?